Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lemon Pepper Chicken Stir Fry - Quick and Cheap!

When money is tight or I'm in a hurry, there is one meal I turn to when I want to stay on track: Lemon Pepper Chicken Stir Fry. It's extremely easy and affordable as well as healthy. And, since I've been doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme lately, I made it 21 Day Fix Extreme- approved as well! It involves 2 green, 1 orange, 1 red, 1 yellow but you can make it to best suit your own nutritional needs. Enjoy!





Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 Tsp Ginger, chopped
2 Green Container of Mixed Vegetables
1 Orange Container of Cashews (Note: Cashews are actually a blue container but I didn't feel like counting out the number of nuts and so I just filled it in the orange, which makes it half a blue. Sorry for the confusion!!)
1 Red Container of Chopped Chicken
Lemon Pepper Seasoning to taste
Garlic Salt to taste

The ingredients used you can make what works for you. If you're on a budget and need to use frozen instead of fresh vegetables - go for it! If you're short on time and need to purchase pre-chopped chicken - great! For me, what I did was buy a rotisserie chicken, use frozen vegetables, bought some pre-chopped ginger




Directions:

1. Add oil and ginger to wok and heat over medium-low heat. Stir ginger around until melted.


2. Add in chicken and turn up heat to medium high heat.


3. Add in cashews and stir around.


4. Add in vegetables (green and yellow containers) and stir around. Add in garlic salt and lemon pepper seasoning (optional).


5. Serve and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment