Tuesday, January 27, 2015

First Week of Body Beast Completed!

First Week of Body Beast Completed!




It's MONDAY - which means, a NEW post! But unfortunately I was so tired I didn't get a chance to post until after MIDNIGHT, which means it's TUESDAY! Sorry! :(

So you are probably wondering about how my first week of BODY BEAST went, so let me get to the DEETS!

But before I do, I just want to point out that my results will be different because I have a TON of extra skin from losing massive weight SO you won't be able to SEE my results as much as I will be able to feel them.

The first week was ROUGH - I'm not going to lie. There was lots of pausing, cussing, and just plain exhaustion from putting myself through these workouts after not working out for 6 months. But the workouts were also a TON of fun! I actually enjoyed hanging out with the guys working out every morning. I felt accomplished after completing these workouts, knowing I pushed myself to do something I didn't think possible.

I wasn't expecting much progress the first week BUT I both SAW and FELT a difference. Before Body Beast, I didn't have shoulders, even when I flexed but as you can see in this Week 1 photo, I did!!

This got me even more excited about the workouts! Who knew that someone with loose skin from massive weight loss would actually be able to SEE a difference! So you know what that means? I am going to push even HARDER this week!

I had a couple of cheat meals the first week, too. And I didn't get quite enough protein in on my rest day as I would have liked. So am I going to beat myself up over this? NO! I am going to move on and learn from this. That's all I can do.

I also decided to post my journey on Instagram. I have never used it for myself much before so I didn't expect anything to come of it. But that first post, people were liking my posts! I couldn't believe it! I just hope my journey shows what I hope it does - that women, even me, can lift weights like the guys do. And it won't bulk you up like some steroid commercial.

I also decided NOT to weigh myself this week, or rather, report it. My scale was a little off and I found out that for a body scale like mine, night time weigh ins are the most accurate. There is about a 10lb difference in fat and muscle and since I didn't take it in the evening to start with, I'm not exactly sure what those results were. But as anyone who knows me, they know I'm an advocate for NOT weighing yourself. So, that's what I'm doing this first week. I'm not going to let some silly little number on a machine tell me HOW I should feel. I'm going to take away from this week exactly how the workouts made me feel - like a strong goddess! And I won't let anyone, or anything, change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment